- Angioneurotic edema in allergic crisis.
- Pharyngitis with bag-like swelling of the uvula.
- Glomerulonephritis. Nephrotic syndrome, with dramatic edema of the entire body.
- Urticaria, with burning pains.
- Herpes zoster of the face, with marked swollen lids which can hardly be forced open.
NO.1 REMEDY FOR BITES AND STINGS.
APIS can be effectively used when symptoms fit the following picture: Oedematous swellings, redness, pains burning and stinging. Restlessness. Thirstlessness. Better from cold applications. Worse from heat and between 4 and 6 pm.
The homeopathic remedy Apis Mellifica is made from the honey-bee poison. It act mainly on cellular tissues, causing oedema of skin and mucous membranes. The apis state can arise from infection, allergy or inflammatory causes - and caracteristically the swelling is so prominent that it gives the impression of a balloon ready to burst.
The personality of Apis often has a busy intensity, vitality and strength.
Key prescription areas are:
* * *
The no.1 remedy series is inspired by the Helios basic guide to homeopathy for the basic remedy kit.